Combining your enhanced legs and bones with a focused psychic boost, you can actually leap into the air and take flight.
Located in the skies above the Necropolis Gate. Ironically, you'll need to figure out how to fly in order to reach the mutation point.
Flight gives the following commands:
: Increase your altitude.
: Decrease your altitude.
: Stop flying and fall to the ground.
: Launch yourself into the sky.
: Land on something.
Most of these commands are analogous to Pilot commands.
Flying allows for quick access to many locations in the HellMOO world, including some that cannot be reached via ground travel. It is totally awesome.
Flying is awesome; the problems associated with the Flight mutation are not awesome.
- Flight requires Leapfrog, which comes with significant penalties to beat damage resistance and Brawn
- The skies are a cold, cold place and flying without any sort of cold resistance can kill you
- Aggressive chupacabras can be found in the skies. When on the ground, will allow you to see if anything is in the air, though bad weather will obscure anything that's flying. While in the air, you can look in any direction to see if chupacabras are waiting to set you on fire
- Flying increases food requirements; it's not uncommon to randomly go from 0 hunger and no full status to being food-deprived by 150 units after traveling through a single sky square
- Flying is impossible if you're carrying more than 50% of your max load